We found our clients also wanted to better understand the details of their financial results and the reasons for their tax liabilities. Generally, the standard GAAP financial statements don’t provide this information.
Our clients were asking us questions like:
• How can my income statement show I have a profit when I’m struggling to make payroll each month?
i.e. Where’s the cash?
• How will I know if I can meet all my bills in the next three months?
• Why are sales increasing but my bottom line is not?
• What can I do to save money on income taxes?
• Why are my taxes so high when cash isn’t available?
• What can be done to reduce my taxes?
In recognition of our clients’ need for more information, we offered business and tax consulting and advisory services long before these terms became popular.
We discuss your goals with you to find out what you want to know.
We develop your statements to easily tell you what you want to know without independent analysis of the information after you get the statements from us.
If needed, we compile information outside of the financial statements to easily tell you what you want to know.
We can provide a written narrative to point out and track key business indicators that are critical to your business’ growth and profitability.
We help to plan and implement successful business strategies for the future.
We help plan tax strategies and minimize business and personal taxes.
• We like what we do and truly enjoy the relationships we’ve built.
• We are pleasant and easy to work with.
• Most of our business comes from referrals.
• Most of our clients have been with us for more than a decade, sometimes much longer.
• When you choose Kaufman & Nichols, you’ll have a CPA who serves as your single point of contact and who oversees all work on your behalf.
All Kaufman & Nichols CPA, P.C. personnel who provide financial statement and tax services are CPAs with a minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience. Our staff is productive and efficient from the beginning of any project because they have proven experience providing outstanding accounting and tax services from inception to completion of projects.
As a co-owner and co-founder of Kaufman & Nichols, CPA, P.C., Vickie Kaufman has been a CPA since 1976. She initially worked with the international CPA firm, KPMG, where she received experience in accounting, tax & audit. She also has worked in the private sector with companies such as Kenworth Truck, Ferrellgas and the City of Independence. She has over 25 years of experience in public accounting. Vickie is primarily responsible for the tax and planning services in the firm.
Co-owner and co-founder Micki K. Nichols has been a CPA since 1982. Her initial experience with accounting, tax & audit comes from a local Kansas City CPA firm. She has spent her entire career in public accounting and also has over 25 years of experience. Micki is primarily responsible for accounting, business consulting and advisory services.